Friday, April 29, 2011

The Horror Playlist:#2 Me, yeah, the editor in chief (Nickolas Cook)

It's been a while since I did a Horror Playlist, so I decided to tackle it this month. My tastes change with the seasons...hell, by the day, sometimes. I have a huge music collection (about a terabyte of music on my harddrive, at this point), so I go through phases. Lately, I've fallen in love with The Deftones' "Diamond Eyes" (2010) album, so you'll see a very Deftones heavy list this time. But there are some other songs that will make some ponder my vast range of musical tastes. I work at my vocals with some of these songs, so that's why they show up on my iPod's Top 13. They're songs that make me feel good singing. I love them; they're part of my life and soul. Sue me...I'm a child of the 70s and 80s. So in order of 'number of plays', take a look at my Horror Playlist for this month...



1. Sextape--The Deftones (2010)




2. I Need a Dollar--Aloe Blacc (2010)




3. Ataraxia--Team Sleep (2005)




4. You've Seen the Butcher--The Deftones



5. ROCKET Skates--The Deftones



6 976-Evil--The Deftones




7. Sara--Fleetwood Mac




8. Cars--Gary Numan




9. Passenger--The Deftones (with James Keenan Maynard)




10. It's My Life--Talk Talk




11. You Belong to the City--Glenn Frey




12. Hole to Feed--Depeche Mode




13. Cote--Karnivool


--Nickolas Cook